Friday, October 19, 2012

On being an honorable mention...

Last month I entered an art contest at Ruche, a great website, and while I didn't win (winner got their art made into a downloadable desktop wallpaper) I was an honorable mention!
Honestly, I'm not even sad.  Looking at all the amazing work that was entered has me grateful that I was picked at all. The painting I entered was the one of Isola dei San Giorgio Maggiore I have to the right of this blog with a couple of other paintings.
If you want to see my painting included on the Ruche Blog, click on this link here!
Also check out the amazing art of the other ladies.

And on the note of art, I just want to say that I never did any art, especially watercolor, until my sophomore year of college. Learning to paint has taught me that it's never too late to start a new passion. Even though I'm not very good at it, I wouldn't abandon painting for the world. I haven't painted in a couple months because I've been so busy, but I definitely want to start up again.

I'll have to remember to post new projects here.

4 comments:

  1. love ruche! isn't it such a great shop?! i'm sure your art was great though! i can't paint to save my life..

    -kim
    found the route

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!
    I didn't think I could be good at art either until I practiced enough at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, it's so exciting that you were picked. What an honor + supper flattering, I'm sure. Off to peek at your painting. Yay! xo

    ReplyDelete